Saturday, November 10, 2012

SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS! MARY POPPINS!

Mary Poppins is truly a magical musical. It values love, family, striving for your dream, responsibility and having fun. I was lucky enough to go and see this SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS production (I went with my mum).

In this fun extravaganza, 2 very naughty children, Jane and Michael have made their nanny quit. Now their parents are looking for a new nanny. Michael and Jane created their own advertisement:

Wanted a nanny for two adorable children

If you want this choice position
Have a cheery disposition
Rosy cheeks, no warts!
Play games, all sort

You must be kind, you must be witty
Very sweet and fairly pretty
Take us on outings, give us treats
Sing songs, bring sweets

Never be cross or cruel
Never give us castor oil or gruel
Love us as a son and daughter
And never smell of barley water

If you won't scold and dominate us
We will never give you cause to hate us
We won't hide your spectacles 
So you can't see
Put toads in your bed 
Or pepper in your tea
Hurry, Nanny!
Many thanks
Sincerely, 

Jane and Michael Banks


Unfortunately, Mr Banks rips their advertisement apart and throws it in the fire place. It somehow flies up the chimney. Suddenly a gust of wind comes about. A shadow of a woman holding an umbrella flies across of the room. The room goes dark and when the lights come back on, out of nowhere Mary Poppins is right behind the Banks Family! I was blown away!

I'm not going to go into too much of the show, you're going to have to watch the musical yourself. :)  
Although the effects are very good! And when I say this is a magical production, I mean it! 2 men run behind a tree and come out with different clothes. Bert (one of the characters) pulls out flowers from a painting! Plus Mary Poppins pulled out a coat hanger and a potted plant out of her bag. Mary Poppins kept me on the edge of my seat. Always full surprises. 

All the songs were very catchy! Especially SUPERCALIFRAGILISTICEXPIALIDOCIOUS. But I loved all of them!

One of the parts of the show was easily my favourite. When Mary leaves the Banks family, she literally flew over the audience, I got a good look at her. I totally recommend you go watch this! It's funny, inspiring and much more! I LOVE IT!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment