Monday, September 12, 2011

Cross Country




Pt England Cross Country can be very frustrating but this time it is an exciting adventure. The 9, 10 and 11 year old kids have a much different run. Through a "forest" is VERY nerve wrecking!!!

Eagerly awaiting for Mr Burt to say "GO" I watched the others run with lacking energy. "Stand up 9 year old girls" Mr Burt said. Approaching the start line I anxiously waited, "GO!!!" shouted Mr Burt. Powering ahead of my friends I could see panting chests. With nervous excitement I realized that I was coming last.

But deep inside of me I knew I could do it. Jogging through the muddy course I was really exhausted and the water in my body was drained. Across the bridge I went and as I ran the seniors cheered me on. "GO GLORIA!!!" they cried. I reached to Taniwha St and I sprinted to see the finish line.

My burning lungs were screaming HELP!! Seeing Pt England School again was great, I cheered and gave a burst of speed to the end. Striving to Succeed I passed the finish line. YAY!!! my team colour cried (Takitimu,Yellow). I heard that I had come 7th. I had really archived my goals!!!

Cross Country is the BEST!!!! It helped me a lot. For the very first time I can't wait for next year!

No comments:

Post a Comment