Thursday, September 15, 2011

Black Out Day


It was with major excitement that I got myself dressed for school. At school it was about going to be Black Out Day. Black Out Day was to show our support for the All Blacks on the opening day of the Rugby World Cup.

Running down the footpath I saw my friend. Most people were wearing black clothes. Coins jingled in my pocket as I bounced about excitedly - I was going to buy a sausage for my lunch.

Arriving at school, I noticed, to my surprise, that even the teachers were wearing all black. Miss Tito and Miss Va’afusuaga even had black wigs on and even had some paint painted on their face. I love it when our whole school gets behind an idea.

At assembly Mr Burt kept telling stories. They were about the times when he was at rugby games and he had forgotten his hat. Lots of yucky things fell on his head and the scraps end up in his car. I love Mr Burt’s stories, he is a great storyteller.

In our classroom we invented some All Black players. Our directions were to trace around a small person, for example: Lee. After that we had to paint them, it was lots of fun plus our players look amazing.

After morning tea teams 3 and 4 all went to the courts to play some rugby games. The sun was shining and the sevens boys had set up some fun looking games. I was in team Russia and we played some games.

Games were being played all over the field. Kicking was the game me and my group was playing. Points were awarded as we kicked the ball. I got up to have my turn I kicked the ball and it nearly went through the gold post.

As soon as we finished playing exciting games it was time for lunch. Under the shade of some trees I ate my sausage at lunchtime - it felt like summertime.

I had such a great black out day and I really hope that the All Blacks can win tonight. My brother is supporting Tonga, but I don’t know if they can win.

No comments:

Post a Comment