Monday, June 17, 2013

The Hourglass

It was a cold, dark, gloomy night. I stumbled upon an abandoned hut deep in the heart of the forest. I was just about to enter the hut when suddenly, ripping through the branches of the trees behind me, a tiger cub breaks through.

It’s whiskers twitch as it trots towards me. Purring, it brushes against my legs. “Aww!” I pick up it’s tiny little limb body and start patting it’s furry head. Weirdly enough, it had a collar. “Funny” I say to myself. ‘Camo’ it read. Turning to the door, I reach for the old crooked knob. Just as I twist the knob of the door, it flies open.

Slowly creeping into the hut, the tiger cub digs his head into my arms. I feel Camo’s body shaking. In front of a rocking chair, I see a fire flickering away in the air uncontrollably. All around me, shelves full of books, cups and bowls. They were just really boring withered things that look like they’ve been there for thousands of years.

Then in the corners of my eyes, I see an hourglass. I put Camo on the ground to grab the hour glass, he curls up next to the fire. Picking up the hourglass, I turn it upside down. The sand unexpectedly started to glow. All the furniture raised off the ground and was floating in mid-air. The door was closing and shutting, closing and shutting, it wouldn't stop. Camo was so confused as he watched me.

Light shined through the cracks of the hour glass. I can see that it was breaking. There was an ear shattering sound that was echoing out of it. It somehow opened up, sucking everything around it. I threw it on the ground. Camo is trying to run to me but he’s then dragged along the now broken wooden floor. He’s sucked in and I jumped in to save him.

No comments:

Post a Comment